Call it Karma or call it the law of reciprocity, leaving robust comments that add value has the power to make you renown, increase backlinks to your blog, and make new friends/alliances in the community of choice.
Here are my top 5 tips for…
Writing a Great Blog Post Comment
- Seek out blogs in your niche that are being recognized by Google. Here’s how: use the Google’s blog search tool. Type in the keywords on the subject of your niche. For example, if you put in the search string ‘Do Free Classified Websites Make Money?’ you’ll find bloggers who wrote on the subject.
- Read the blog post from beginning to end. Your objective is to add value to the blog. Just think of the Golden Rule – comment on someone’s site just as you would want them to comment on yours. To do that, you have to know what they’re talking about. So, be a thoughtful reader. Be aware of ideas, quotations, and thoughts that spring up as you read it as you will use them in your comment.
- Be pithy. If you don’t know what that means, which means to be full of vigor, relevance and substance. Let your VOICE, meaning your unique insight and phraseology, be displayed in it’s full regalia.
- Be purposeful. Why are you leaving the post? Ask yourself, when someone reads this what ‘feeling’ to I want to leave rumbling around in their brain. Is it your personal brand awareness, is it that you just wrote an article that relates, do you want to make friends with the blogger. Bottom line, know why you’re leaving a comment
- Be cool. No one wants to read some blowhards rant. It’s fine to disagree, just don’t be disagreeable. And by all means, let the value of your post shine, not a blatant self promotion comment.
In conclusion, you’ll find that the more comments you give, the more you’ll receive. Comments left on your blog increase your credibility and allow you to continue the conversation beyond your blog post. And friends, isn’t that the entire point of a blog?
Leave your comments now.
PS. Join me in my underground blogging syndicate – no wussies allowed. Click here